Christmas gift ideas
by Ethical Girl
9th November 2015
This year, a little pre planning will take away some of that anxiety so you can forget the frenzy of last minute purchases.
Here are 10 clutter-free gift ideas that you can make/create/ buy that are useful, practical, fun and often consumable.
- Homemade voucher. Time is precious so make a voucher for someone special that would be meaningful for them. New parents: babysitting. Elderly: help in the garden. Busy family: cook one dinner a month for a year. What are your talents? Sewing, cleaning, wash car, computer help. A voucher of your time is valued by everyone.
- Movie vouchers. Why not give them with a packet of popcorn and Maltesers.
- Classes. Yoga, dancing, pilates, gym; pay for a term and wrap it along with a couple of health bars.
- Mani/pedi. Take one nice empty glass jar, add nail polish, acetone, cotton balls, nail file and wrap with ribbon.
- Homemade food treats such as chutneys, pickles, sauces, jams, biscuit, curry paste, baked goods and so on.
- iTunes voucher. Always a favourite with the younger ones.
- The gift of green. Succulents, cactus, native plants, maybe a trailer load of mulch? Think big.
- Tickets for fun and being active, such as mini golf, ten pin bowling, the zoo, Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Aquarium, a water park. Tailor it to suit the individual or family.
- Massage. So who doesn’t like a massage? A little pampering goes a long way.
- Wine or Beer, an all-time favourite but present it a little differently. I made these last year for my colleagues. I called them Rein Beers.