What’s on in Warrandyte – Five For Friday
Another home game for the Bloods, ANZAC Day activities and some rip-roaring entertainment. Why wouldn’t you wanna be in Warrandyte in the coming days …
1. Warrandyte RSL dawn service, Stiggants Reserve at 6.15am. It’s 100 Years of ANZAC, the spirit lives 2014-2018. The march will commence at 6am from the car park opposite the pub and end at Stiggants where the service will take place. After the service, everyone is invited back to the RSL for a Gunfire Breakfast hosted by the Lions Club.
2. That’s not all that’s happening at the RSL. Book in Sunday for Bands By The Bridge, and it’s a beauty! Greg Champion and The Useful Members of Society is on from 4pm-8pm. BYO food platter welcome, band donations appreciated. Inquiries 9844 3567. 113 Brackenbury St, enter via Mitchell Ave.
3. If that doesn’t tickle your fancy, then rock on to the Grand Hotel Warrandyte for entertainment all weekend, including Electric Intent tonight and then the very talented Madison performing from 3.30pm on Sunday.
3. Peace Labyrinth Opening, Warrandyte Uniting Church, Taroona Avenue, 10.15am Sunday April 26.
4. Bloods are back – two wins on the trot and looking menacing in the 4th Division of the EFL. Tomorrow they’re home again, this time up against the visiting Kilsyth. Who’s going to kick a bag this weekend? Dunny? Or Froudy?
5. Nillumbik Artists Open Studios is unmissable from between 11am to 5pm on May 2-3. The studios of over 30 artists will provide an intimate and privileged insight into their works. Inquiries: 1300 660 072.