Five For Friday – what’s happening in Warrandyte (March 27)
1. Attack of the Bloods! Footy’s back, well, not the real stuff, but practice matches kicking off all weekend for the Warrandyte Footbal Club (at Panton Hill on Saturday) and the Warrandyte Junior Football Club this Sunday (29th March) against Whitehorse Colts. The schedule is as follows: Main Oval and Small Oval: 08:30am – u12s u8s/u9s, 10am – u13s, u10s, 11:30am – u14s, u11s, 1:30pm – u15s, 3:30pm – Colts. Get on down and support the mighty Bloods!
2. Penny For Your Follies at the Mechanics Institute hall in Yarra Street. Seriously, who needs to go to the city for the theatre? We’ve got the best out here! March 28, April 9-10-11. Get your tickets, it’s a fun-filled show.
3. Blatant plug for an advertiser No.1 – Had a tasting yet at Warrandyte Cellars at the Bridge Arcade Shops? Get there tonight from 5pm-8pm and check out their range.
4. Blatant plug for an advertiser No.2 – Our beautiful Altair Restaurant is having a corker of a Good Friday special: open for dinner on Friday 3rd April serving a Seafood Tasting Menu of 6 courses for $90p.p. Matching wine additional $46p.p.
7pm arrival for a 7:30pm start. (closed Easter Sunday and Easter Monday).
5. Rock on at the Warrandyte RSL on Sunday from 4pm-8pm. Paulie Bignell and the Thornbury Two, rock n’ blues. BYO food platter welcome.