Five for Friday (Feb 27)
1. Time to grab hold of those furry balls and have a hit at the Warrandyte Tennis Club for its open day on Sunday at the clubrooms in Taroona Avenue. From 9am – 12 noon with Bar & One Pablo Tapas & Paella truck. FREE fun activities for all ages and experience. FAST4, Hot Shots, Social Play, Cardio Tennis, Targets & more.
2. Also on Sunday is the mighty Run Warrandyte at Warrandyte Reserve, with races beginning at 8am. Races include: Quinton’s SUPA IGA 2.25km; Ruby Tuesday Jewellery 4km; Harding’s Swift Caravan Services 8km; Warran Glen Garden Centre and Cafe 12km; and the Crystal Brook Tourist Park Under 8’s Oval Dash.
3. Grand Hotel Warrandyte tonight. Peter Grant’s rockin’ out, great food, cold beer, great wine, top people. Let’s go!
4. Blatant Plug for an advertiser. Warran Glen Garden Centre & Cafe – grab some plants, have a browse in the gorgeous shop and chow down in the beautiful cafe out the back where there are all sorts of goodies.
5. Diary deadline is today! All advertising and editorial copy closes as we put together another beast of an edition next week.