Five For Friday (April 17) in Warrandyte
What’s happening in Warrandyte and surrounds? Here’s five things to stir the senses and your interest …
1. Bloods’ first home game for the season at our beautiful Warrandyte Reserve and the sensational new facilities. Get up in the grand stand, buy a beer and a Bloods burger from Bucky and his team and enjoy a great game as the Red & White do battle with Ferntree Gully all day in the U19s, Reserves and seniors
2. Nillumbik Youth Festival will be a hive of activity on Sunday from 11am to 4pm at Edendale Farm on Gaston Rd in Eltham. Let’s party, kids!
3. Free plants – Stoney Creek and Yarra Restoration Group ask you to join them at a free BBQ to hear their plans and help them restore the reserve at the Boulevard in North Warrandyte. Saturday (tomorrow) at 4pm. Contact Gill on 0403 051 766
4. Don’t forget your copy of the latest edition of the Warrandyte Diary, it’s a corker, 40 pages packed with fun stuff, news, around the home page, travel stories, sport, food, school, community issues and loads more. Available at various pick up points, mainly Quinton’s IGA.
5. Give Sue a hug at Quinton’s IGA in the coming week and say congratulations on 20 years of great work and for her big friendly smile at our local supermarket. She’s a little ripper!