The weekend’s here and that means it’s Five For Friday time for all that’s happening in Warrandyte ….
1. Local footy is back, junior and senior. The Bloods senior football club is off to Glen Waverley Hawks territory tomorrow while the Bloods juniors are at home and everywhere else on Sunday. Park Orchards takes on Ringwood at Domeney Reserve for their first taste of Divvy 3 action and the Donvale lads are back taking on Nunawading in Division 4 at home tomorrow.
2. Tomorrow’s forecast in Warrandyte? 23 and sunny. A river walk perhaps? Check out this awesome photo (above) by Bill McAuley. Coffee outdoors at one of our fabo coffee shops? Maybe a sausage at Quinton’s IGA?
3. Threezacrowd will be rockin’ up a storm at the Grand Hotel tonight.
4. Blatant plug for a loyal advertiser: TV problems, want to set up your DVD, digital television etc? Tom Kerkhof Television is the answer. Call him on 0408 175 274.
5. The April edition of the Diary is out on Tuesday.
1. Attack of the Bloods! Footy’s back, well, not the real stuff, but practice matches kicking off all weekend for the Warrandyte Footbal Club (at Panton Hill on Saturday) and the Warrandyte Junior Football Club this Sunday (29th March) against Whitehorse Colts. The schedule is as follows: Main Oval and Small Oval: 08:30am – u12s u8s/u9s, 10am – u13s, u10s, 11:30am – u14s, u11s, 1:30pm – u15s, 3:30pm – Colts. Get on down and support the mighty Bloods!
2. Penny For Your Follies at the Mechanics Institute hall in Yarra Street. Seriously, who needs to go to the city for the theatre? We’ve got the best out here! March 28, April 9-10-11. Get your tickets, it’s a fun-filled show.
3. Blatant plug for an advertiser No.1 – Had a tasting yet at Warrandyte Cellars at the Bridge Arcade Shops? Get there tonight from 5pm-8pm and check out their range.
4. Blatant plug for an advertiser No.2 – Our beautiful Altair Restaurant is having a corker of a Good Friday special: open for dinner on Friday 3rd April serving a Seafood Tasting Menu of 6 courses for $90p.p. Matching wine additional $46p.p.
7pm arrival for a 7:30pm start. (closed Easter Sunday and Easter Monday).
5. Rock on at the Warrandyte RSL on Sunday from 4pm-8pm. Paulie Bignell and the Thornbury Two, rock n’ blues. BYO food platter welcome.
1. Is there anything else to do but rock up to the annual Warrandyte Festival starting tonight and running all weekend? No, indeed not. Let’s party and soak up the wonderful atmosphere! Weather gods are smiling too. Tomorrow: 23 and sunshine. Sunday: 27 and sunshine. Check it out online
2. The Grand Read is back. Tuesday March 24 is the night as a line-up of award-winning poets and writers read their works upstairs at the Grand Hotel Warrandyte from 7.15pm (for a 7.30pm start). Presented by Warrandyte Neighbourhood House.
3. Warrandyte Theatre Company presents Penny For Your Follies, rip-roaring fun at the Warrandyte Mechanics Institute from March 19-20-21-26-27-28 and April 9-10-11. For more visit here
4. Ready for Prep? Wednesday from 7pm-8pm, it’s Anderson’s Creek Primary School’s information evening for Foundation (Preps) 2016. We love our schools, and newcomers we promise you’ll love ACPS.
5. The 31st Rotary Warrandyte Art Show is on all weekend at the Warrandyte Community Church in Yarra Street. Check out some beautiful paintings.
1. For goodness sake don’t walk under a ladder and trip over a black cat! It’s Friday the 13th! But Saturday offers a much sweeter proposition with the Strawberry Fair at St Anne’s in Park Orchards, so grab your slap bands and dive into the giant superslide, trackless train, cha cha and more. Oh yeah, and there’ll be strawberry treats galore.
2. Warrandyte RSL is rocking up a storm tonight from 8pm with Rodeo Clowns, while the Grand Hotel will be pumping to the tunes of Peter Grant.
3. Warranwood Art Show is on all weekend at Oak Hall at the Melbourne Rudolph Steiner School in Wonga Rd from 10am-4pm – unmissable. Some fantastic art on display and for sale, visit www.warrandwoodartshow.com.au for more info.
4. BLATANT PLUG for a loyal Diary advertiser – Billanook College is offering student led tour of the campus on Thursday from 10.30am, so RSVP by contacting the registrar on 9724 1179.
5. The flags are up, the program is in the Diary available online and at Quinton’s IGA, and excitement is at bursting point. Yes, save your money, your appetite and your energy for the greatest annual festival on the planet next weekend – the Warrandyte Festival!