1. For goodness sake don’t walk under a ladder and trip over a black cat! It’s Friday the 13th! But Saturday offers a much sweeter proposition with the Strawberry Fair at St Anne’s in Park Orchards, so grab your slap bands and dive into the giant superslide, trackless train, cha cha and more. Oh yeah, and there’ll be strawberry treats galore.
2. Warrandyte RSL is rocking up a storm tonight from 8pm with Rodeo Clowns, while the Grand Hotel will be pumping to the tunes of Peter Grant.
3. Warranwood Art Show is on all weekend at Oak Hall at the Melbourne Rudolph Steiner School in Wonga Rd from 10am-4pm – unmissable. Some fantastic art on display and for sale, visit www.warrandwoodartshow.com.au for more info.
4. BLATANT PLUG for a loyal Diary advertiser – Billanook College is offering student led tour of the campus on Thursday from 10.30am, so RSVP by contacting the registrar on 9724 1179.
5. The flags are up, the program is in the Diary available online and at Quinton’s IGA, and excitement is at bursting point. Yes, save your money, your appetite and your energy for the greatest annual festival on the planet next weekend – the Warrandyte Festival!
A truck had to be pulled from the roadside after a two-vehicle collision today in South Warrandyte.
The incident involving a truck and a utility vehicle happened on the corner of Falconer and Warrandyte roads at about 7.30am today.
The driver of the utility vehicle has been issued with an infringement notice for failing to give way.
Warrandyte police said there were no injuries.
1. Time to grab hold of those furry balls and have a hit at the Warrandyte Tennis Club for its open day on Sunday at the clubrooms in Taroona Avenue. From 9am – 12 noon with Bar & One Pablo Tapas & Paella truck. FREE fun activities for all ages and experience. FAST4, Hot Shots, Social Play, Cardio Tennis, Targets & more.
2. Also on Sunday is the mighty Run Warrandyte at Warrandyte Reserve, with races beginning at 8am. Races include: Quinton’s SUPA IGA 2.25km; Ruby Tuesday Jewellery 4km; Harding’s Swift Caravan Services 8km; Warran Glen Garden Centre and Cafe 12km; and the Crystal Brook Tourist Park Under 8’s Oval Dash.
3. Grand Hotel Warrandyte tonight. Peter Grant’s rockin’ out, great food, cold beer, great wine, top people. Let’s go!
4. Blatant Plug for an advertiser. Warran Glen Garden Centre & Cafe – grab some plants, have a browse in the gorgeous shop and chow down in the beautiful cafe out the back where there are all sorts of goodies.
5. Diary deadline is today! All advertising and editorial copy closes as we put together another beast of an edition next week.
WARRANDYTE Cricket Club’s Fourth XI smashed a new club record at home yesterday by amassing 9 for 584 in Round 14 of the Ringwood & District Cricket Association.
Scoresby Ferndale were left standing shell-shocked after the Bloods went on a rampage with Jimmy Weatherley leading the charge with 190 (22 fours and 7 sixes), and he was ably supported by fellow smashing machines Dylan Burns 75, Aaron Closs 58 and Brandon Stafford 50.
Ben Sproat must have given his crystal ball a good rub early in the day when he posted a note to the club’s Facebook page, tipping: “Expecting the 4s to make at least 400.”
Find out more in the next edition of the Warrandyte Diary when Ryan Hoiberg delivers his monthly report.